Your shopping cart is empty.
FREE SHIPPING FOR ORIGINALS!
Visual Artist | Designer | Art Instructor
International Association of Art UNESCO artist,
Member of the Chamber of Fine Arts of Greece
Member of the American Women Artists AWA
Born in Athens, Greece
Lives in Austin TX, USA
“Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.” ~ Degas
I am a person that was born to be an artist. Greece is my homeland where art is part of our existence.
I grew up actually in an art studio, as both of my parents are artists and both of my siblings are pianists.
Doing art was a natural activity for me since the age of 4. From the age of 6 to 16, I visited almost all the well-known museums and art galleries of Europe as part of my acquaintance with art history - that was a lifetime achievement for me. Museums provide a cultural experience, an effective way of learning and inspiration. I believe that nothing boosts our creativity more than visiting art galleries and museums.
At the age of 12, I discovered the beauty of the stone. I used to collect stones from coasts in Greece, paint and share them with people, under the Acropolis. In the following years, I was happy just to collect and observe them, in every place I visited, Europe, Africa or the USA. And, then, the magic moment came when I 'saw' the pure beauty in them.
In 2004, motivated by the beauty of primal nature (stone, water, wood), I started to produce a series of works based on natural coastal elements. I find beauty everywhere and painting is the way to appreciate beauty and life around me. This only happens when I stay in the now. My paintings inspire the viewer an increased awareness of their presence in an expanded present moment, using the stone element as an image of perfection and stability.
Therapists, rehabilitation doctors, physiatrists, and authors declare that my art brings therapeutic healing and raising of vibration to people’s souls. And this is my purpose.
I have been awarded for my work in Greece, Lebanon, and the USA.
I live between two continents; Round Rock, Greater Austin TX metropolitan area, and Palaio Faliro, the coastal area of Athens, Greece. I am married to the visual artist Antonis Papantoniou (www.papantoa.com) and we have 3 kids, Odysseus, Achilles, and Alexander.
The theme that inspires me is the stone. I am inspired by the stability of the stone with the movement of the
water that imperceptibly sculpts and morphs it in harmony with the mood of the sky and the play of light.
While stepping on pebbles I feel present, I am. There is tremendous beauty in ‘nowness’.
‘Kosmos’ in Greek, means ‘gem’ (Kosmema). To be present in the Kosmos is a gift.
This bliss of Being in the world I feel and I want to capture in my paintings.
I always love to attract the viewer to this bright space of eternal moment which is always new.
WHY I PAINT STONES
Beauty can be found in the simplest of things specifically in nature. Through the passing of time, stones have seen the scenery change around them.
Stones are the silent observers of a continuously altered world.
Each stone has a story. One only needs to remove one's thoughts and listen. Just be.
• 2013 Certified member of Chamber of FA of Greece, Greek National Committee of the IIA -
Higher School of Fine Arts in Athens, Greece
• 1996-1999 Visual Arts, Advanced Painting - Borgias College of Fine Art & Design, Athens, Greece
• 1992-1995 Graphic design - ΑΚΤΟ Art & Design – Higher Diploma of Fine Arts, Middlesex University, UK
• 1990-1992 Freehand drawing and line / technical drawing - Plakas Foundation Studies, Athens, Greece
• 1986 Painting and Theory of color - Dimitri Perdikidi’s Workshops, Athens, Greece
• 2020 'The Science of Well-Being' course - Yale University
• 2019 Therapeutic Art Life Coach Certification - Transformation Academy
• 2019 'Art Therapy for Healing' workshop - T. Ambrose
• 2013-2014 'Fine Art Education in Primary Schools' workshop - Higher School of Fine Arts in Athens, Greece
• Founder and Owner of 'Vorgia Art Studio', Art School in Round Rock, Texas, and in Athens, Greece
• Judge at the 'Reflections' Art Competition for RRISD, Texas
• Co-curator in children's installation ‘Crane, crane come back’ the Union of Cultural Association of Evros,
• Graphic designer, Greek newspaper ‘Exusia’, ‘Eleftherotypia’ and ‘Epsilon’ magazine, Athens, Greece
• Artistic Expression workshops for groups of children in public schools of Athens, Greece
• Graphic designer/illustrator for 28 Board Games - Artipia Games, AEG, GEG, Alcyon Creative, Quokka Games
• Art Director in Kafkas Publishing / Advertising Agency, Athens, Greece
• Art Instructor of Painting/Drawing in Art School ‘Ergastiri tis Tehnis’, Athens, Greece
• Art Instructor of Graphic Design, Intergraphics Art - Design, Athens, Greece
2020 – “2020 Waters”, International 18 countries Art Competition by Grey Cube Gallery. Award-winning
2019 – “Re-Imagine 2019”, Texas State University, Round Rock
2018 – “The Big Show 2018”, Texas State University, Round Rock
2018 – “Imagine 2018”, Texas State University, Round Rock. Award-winning 'People's Choice best painting'
among 100 artists. Award-winning "Honorable Recognition" by the Jury
2018 – “The People's Gallery 2018”, Austin City Hall
2017 – “All Colors 2017”, Contemporary Art Gallery
2017 – “Elements”, Davis Gallery, Austin
2017 – “All Waterscapes 2017”, Contemporary Art Gallery. Award-winning "Honorable Recognition"
2017 – “Radiant”, Davis Gallery, Austin
2017 – “The Big Show 2017”, Texas State University, Round Rock
2017 – "All Landscape 2017” Contemporary Art Gallery. Award-winning "Second Place"
2017 – “Luminosity”, Artspace, Round Rock
2017 – "All Women 2017” Contemporary Art Gallery. Award-winning "Honorable Recognition"
2016 – Solo exhibition in “Greece - Shape and Color” festival, artistic association Karma-Lappa, Olympic
Pinacothèque Spyros Louis in the Municipality of Maroussi, Athens
2015 – Solo exhibition, Cultural Center of the Municipality of Athens
2013 – Solo exhibition, Cultural Center of the Municipality of Paleon Faliron, Athens
2012 – “Flag Art for Cultural Diversity”, under the patronage of UNESCO and Meadows Beirut, Beirut Solidere
2011 – Solo exhibition, Cultural Center of the Municipality of Paleon Faliron, Athens
2010 – International Exhibition “PAI”, in the Museum of Natural History of Alexandroupolis, in the
Alexandroupolis Gallery and the Cultural Center Fardis in Samothrace Island, Greece, organized by the
Union of Cultural Associations of Evros, Greece
2009 – International exhibition “Gargling Sky”, Municipality of Gortis, Crete, Greece
2008 – “Fuoco” International exhibition, Italian Cultural Association “Ariel Del Tempo”, Genova and Arte Fiore,
2008 – “XIV Arti Visive Biennale di Poesia”, Poetry & Arts Network, Palazzo Cuttica, via Parma, Alessandria, Italy
2007 – Exhibition, 'Parousia' Contemporary & Byzantine Art Gallery, Athens, Greece
2006 – “Art Party”, Elastic Energy, Municipality of Paleon Faliron, Athens, Greece
1988-2006 – Numerous shows with the Artistic Association of the Municipality of Paleon Faliron, Athens
• Genshai, Saint George, Utah
• Meadows, Beirut, Lebanon
• Ariel Del Tempo, Genova, Italy
• Biennale di Poesia, Alessandria, Italy
• PAI 2010, Union of Cultural Associations of Evros, Alexandroupolis, Greece
• Gargling Sky, Municipality of Gortys, Crete, Greece
• Greece, United States, Canada, Spain, Lebanon, Africa, China
• 'The fables of Aesop', illustrated children's book - with 20 of her art students of Austin (English version)
• 6-language illustrated dictionary, graphic design, and layout
• 2-language children's illustrated dictionary, graphic design, and layout
• 'The hare and the peacock', illustrated children's book
• 'The fables of Aesop', illustrated children's book - with 81 of her art students of Athens (Greek version)
• Main illustrator artist for 9 board games
• Main graphic designer for 28 board games
• Art Rendezvous - Live on YouTube, Epis. 8, interviewer: Kritka, Austin, September 2020 video
• 'Genshai Life Mastery' by Kevin Hall, Saint George, Utah, January 2018 video
• Klgallery.gr, ‘Giota Vorgia - Greek Colors and Shapes’, interviewer: Vassilis Lappas, February 2016
• Volta magazine, ‘The Borgias’, interviewer: Elda Georgopoulou, April-May 2015
• Amarysia newspaper, ‘Through the eyes of the little children’, interviewer: Areti Kotsolakou, March 2011
• Round Rock Arts, Texas - Artspace (assistant tasks)
• Round Rock ISD Council of PTAs, Texas - Reflections Contest (art instructor tasks)
• Round Rock ISD Council of PTAs, Texas - Reflections Contest (judge tasks)
• 6th elementary school of Maroussi, Athens Greece - free workshop (art instructor tasks)
The presence of this badge signifies that this business has officially registered with the Art Storefronts Organization and has an established track record of selling art.
It also means that buyers can trust that they are buying from a legitimate business. Art sellers that conduct fraudulent activity or that receive numerous complaints from buyers will have this badge revoked. If you would like to file a complaint about this seller, please do so here.
This website provides a secure checkout with SSL encryption.
The Art Storefronts Organization has verified that this Art Seller has published information about the archival materials used to create their products in an effort to provide transparency to buyers.
WARNING: This merchant has removed information about what materials they are using in the production of their products. Please verify with them directly.
This is only visible to you because you are logged in and are authorized to manage this website. This message is not visible to other website visitors.
Click on any Image to continue
Below, select which favorite lists you would like to save this product into.